8 Tips for Finals Week
Finals are among us! Here are 8 tips to help you get through the end of the semester!
- Make a schedule for the week. Organize how and what you are going to study for each day this week. Try your best to stick to your plan, but also allow yourself some flexibility. Make sure to schedule in study breaks as well!
- Remove distractions. That’s right. Put your phone on the other side of the room. Study by yourself for a while instead of with your friends. Find a quiet place like the library to get work done.
- Reward yourself throughout the week. When you work hard, reward yourself! Whether it be a study break, a snack, or an episode of Netflix, make sure to give your mind mental breaks.
- Study sessions are your friends. Going to study sessions are more valuable than they seem. Studying with other people can help you to expand your understanding of the subject. It’s a great way to review or to get help. Even if you study with people normally, study sessions are great because they are a guaranteed time of study. I know sometimes when I study with my friends, not a lot of work gets done because we get distracted. 😛 But study sessions don’t allow for any distractions and work actually gets done. 🙂
- But sleep is your best friend. Studying is important, but it is much more important to get enough sleep than trying to cram the night before. Sleep really does make a difference.
- Eat right and exercise. Make sure to eat breakfast and fill your body with foods that fuel your brain. Exercise is a great way to take a study break and relieve stress.
- Do what you need to do in order to feel confident for the test. Try a variety of different ways of studying. You don’t have to do every study strategy, just do what helps you the best. It may vary from class to class. Rewrite your notes. Watch lecture videos on Youtube. Reread textbook chapters. Go over old worksheets. Meet with your professor. Discuss the subject with other classmates. Make flashcards or other studying devices. Quiz yourself.
- Spend time with Lord. Pray over your finals because God truly does care about them. Find rest in Him. Trust that He will lead you through to the end!
I wish everyone the best next week! Have a great Christmas break!