Agee; AKA “Do I have to live here?”
Agee; the freshman dorm on Oklahoma Baptist University’s campus. Agee is known for many … “experiences” across campus. Every student gets a different experience from the dorm. My experience is ongoing. I would like to create a helpful list for incoming freshman to know what to prepare for. My list will consist of some of the events that can be expected to happen in some form.
- The morning run to the shower- It is to be expected that some people will become too friendly too fast. So you may see a boy going to shower with less than a preferred amount of clothing.
- THIS GAME IS RIGGED!!- When studying in your room on a Saturday afternoon, you may hear the sound that can only compare to a dying animal. This sound is nothing of the short. No, you are simply hearing another student who is yet again died first in a game of Super Smash Bros.
- The Attic…- The attic of Agee has an atmosphere of wonder. I wonder if it is the locked door, or maybe the dust smell outside. Whatever the reason, you can expect multiple attempts to enter the attic. These attempts may just include your own ambitions.
- Raucous Cup- The year-long competition for the Raucous Cup is understated to call extremely important. The competitions vary, nevertheless; the Cup is the goal. The Cup is a competition between Agee and the Lodge. You may be asked to do any of the following for the Cup; chocolate milk pong, rap battle, arm wrestling, LARP battle.
- Is that a Girl?- A dorm full of men leads to a problem when one of them actually convinced a woman to visit. It is like a magnet or moths to a light. You can expect random people to become your best friend if you have a girl. It is, in hindsight, a good way to make friends fast.